Pushtikul Satsang Mandal
 Username:   Password:  
Save Password   Forget password?  
click to register

All Forums
  Disscuss it all Result: used x_fields.txt; registered registering only mode is ON;
 Significance of Sharad Purnima!!!
  Printer Friendly Version  
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Jigna
Pushtikul Elite Member - October 2003

219 Posts
Posted - 24 October 2004 :  07:35:35
Dear All, Jai Shree Krishna,

Can anyone explain the significance of Sharad Purima and the legend behind it?

Regds Jigna

Vasant Punjabi
Vice-President & Pushtikul Elite Member - May 2003

1047 Posts
Posted - 25 October 2004 :  04:43:20
Jai Shri Krishna, This topic is lengthy but will just put in short so others can also participate. This utsav is on full moon night. Shrinathji is mostly dressed in white clothes. decored with white jewelry and diamonds white utensils so silver is used So the favorite color is white in mostly all items used.

Vasant Go to Top of Page
Jigna
Pushtikul Elite Member - October 2003

219 Posts
Posted - 25 October 2004 :  08:11:01
Dear Vasantbhai, Jai Shree Krishna, I know the legend behind it also. It is related to Virah...Can anyone explain the legend also. Otherwise I'll put it myself. I wanted someone junior member to answer this question. Regds Jigna

Go to Top of Page
shreekant22
PRO - Pushtikul.com / P.E.M. January 2004

1853 Posts
Posted - 25 October 2004 :  09:42:23
Jai shree Krishna Jigna ben awaiting the legend vaartha, kindly post it before or atleast on the day of Sharad poonam, that is if no junior member posts it.

Shree Vallabha dheesh ki jai Go to Top of Page
vinod

201 Posts
Posted - 27 October 2004 :  04:41:14
Dear Vaishnavs Jai Shree Krishna Since it remains unanswered, can anyone else input the answer? Vinod

Jai Shree Krishna Vinod Savjani Go to Top of Page
Vasant Punjabi
Vice-President & Pushtikul Elite Member - May 2003

1047 Posts
Posted - 27 October 2004 :  04:46:54
Jai Shri Krishna, Jignabhen you can wait for a day then you should put up the answer before it is long forgotten because right now too many topics are open but it is fun as it is satsang so everyone please benefit same.

Vasant Go to Top of Page
vivekshah
Entry Level Member

48 Posts
Posted - 27 October 2004 :  05:13:11
sharad punam is the day when all the gopi's and Lord Krishna had performed a Maha RAAS lasted for 6 months. It is according to me after the katyayni vrat that gopikas performed to have krishna as their soul. this RAAS was played at Parasoli in vraj mandal. this is also called maha raas. well ryt now i can't have more jigna ji surely tell u more in a day or two. jai shri krishna

Vivek Shah Go to Top of Page
vivekshah
Entry Level Member

48 Posts
Posted - 27 October 2004 :  05:19:36
Utsav is of Shri Krshna leela only. Here there is expression (prakatya) of madhurya bhav. This is the utsav of sentiment (bhav) of Gopijana who are void of any efforts (sadhan) & of Shri Krshnas characteristics of reward giving (phal) without consideration of efforts (sadhana). How can this Utsav be for us if the manifestation of Thakorji is for Swaminiji only? Here Shri Gusaiji explains that when Swaminiji bestows us with her grace then all our obstacles on the path of Pushtibhakti are removed. Sharad Purnima has another facet too. Person (swaroop) of Parmatma is next to that of Bramha. We, Jivatmas are his parts. Parmatma in Jivatma's atma. Utsav of Raas is of the enjoyment (Raman) in between Atma & Parmatma. This is the basic sentiment. Shringar (madhurya) is just the language-expression of this. Raasleela is the demonstration of Atmarati. This has been elaborately expressed in dasham skandh of Shri Bhagwat. Parmatma dwells in the atma of all-total bodies. Every atma is different but Parmatma is only one just as one jivatma resides (vyapta) in the whole body. Hence whether Prabhu performs Raas or not Raas is always there in the form of Atmaraman. On SharadPunam day Prabhu exhibits his Parmatma form. Prabhu though manifested himself in single form in Yashodajis house in Raas He takes plural forms, one with each gopi. This is the demonstration of transforming one in many. The deepest sentiment of Pushtimarg is the sentiment of Atmarati (love for atma). We can celebrate that on Sharad Purnima day. The same Prabhu who manifested in Nandrai's house, in Raas has manifested in our house. That is why Shri Gusaiji expresses Shri Mahaprabhuji with the name "Raasleelaik Tatparya". To relate dancing with Raasleela is only in broad sense the real sense in one becoming many i.e. Thakorji can play Raasleela with each of us. But the necessary condition is that we put our hands on his shoulders & are prepared to go with him. This is the sort of an absorption in Raas. Complete absorption & getting lost in Shri Krshna in Raas. Therefore this is called Raaspunam. Pushtiprabhu shines fully in the moonlight on this day.

Vivek Shah Go to Top of Page
vinod

201 Posts
Posted - 27 October 2004 :  07:17:33
Dear Vivekji Very well put in 6 mins & 26 sec. Vinod

Jai Shree Krishna Vinod Savjani Go to Top of Page
ANJLI

61 Posts
Posted - 27 October 2004 :  08:27:50
Jai Shree Krishna Jignaben I sent an e-mail via pushtikul.com two days ago and hoped it reached yo in ample time. Please confirm the same Many thanks Anjli

JAI SHREE KRSNA Go to Top of Page
Jump To:

Set as your default homepage Add favorite Privacy Report A Problem/Issue   © 2014 Pushtikul Satsang Mandal All Rights Reserved. Pushtikul.com Contact Us Go To Top Of Page

loaded in 1.000s