Pushtikul Satsang Mandal
 Username:   Password:  
Save Password   Forget password?  
click to register

All Forums
  Disscuss it all Result: used x_fields.txt; registered registering only mode is ON;
 Aarti
  Printer Friendly Version
Pages:
       1  |  2  |  3  |  4      Previous Page | Next Page | Reload
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
pushtidas
Mover & Shaker Member

398 Posts
Posted - 28 October 2004 :  15:45:44
Jai Shree Krishna, For a start I must congratulate Gopiji for lovely question and her patience to await for the answer. Well done Anjaliji, you have come very close to the answer. Here we go for the real reason for Long Diwet: In Chatursloki Bhagvaatji a very important message was relayed where Shree Thakorji said, that I was only one before the universe (Shrusti)was created, and I will be still there even when there is end of the Universe. All "Sthul" (satt-Visible entity) the truth and Asatt (suxma-invisible entity) were not present. Anything which is visible but has no steady foundation is "MAYA". For instance, when sun goes down we get nights, the darkness, but we never see darkness in Sun itself. Maya has one direction and that is upright direction and Maya will take a fold of an atma and temperarily exicute progress in upper verticle mode, hense we see many Mayavi Draviya bring that rise of Falsehood and hopes that are not anant, that is not forever. When in Mariyada bhava, we have that rise of Mayavi udbhava and this becomes sadhan bhakti. That means use Maya, vedas and rituals to get that Satt and Asatt fal which is widely known as "Moksha". To revitalite this kindel of Moksha fal, one has to have nishtha towards Lord Shiva (Sankarbhagvan),as He wants Param - ful of Pushtiful and does not desire the Moksha which is plenty in his bode. So Mariyada Bhava is to use Shreeling shaped round verticle Diwet where the "aart" bhava is of Mokshada-bhakt (the entity of realising god to achieve the worldly, materialistic elements for so much deeds done by that bhakta. So Moksha is measured according to how much bhakti is done and measure to measure that much Moksha fal is being paid in the return of that Mariyada Bhakti) Now the verticle position of Diwet is a samadhi awashtha. Samadhi means to evolve one self into Bhagvaan, control all our sense (Indriyo) into one sublime treastie (auntmurkh). So the senses were Bhaimurkh ( seperated from it's actual belonging to God and defying the law of atma is widely known as Bahimurkh and Auntmurkh is opposite of Bahimurkh) But in Pushtimarga, samadhi means to acquire horizontal sarnagati towards thakorji and finally acquire that Pushti-Parimal fal. "Aarti" has several meanings. Aarti means to be infactuated (ashkti), it also means once bitten ever smitten, that is once fell in love for Thakorji, then forever that atma longes to stay in that state and the ability to, or state of none darshan, that atma still keeps on working to keep the momentum to be with Thakorji. Aarti also means a light of happines in atmarama and the light burns to reveal a small salakas (streaks) of smoke which is Smaran, Ashray and Navdhabhakti arpanam elements. So when Pushti Margiya Vaishnava does arti he is burning bhakti, ashtha, Navdha-bhakti vidhaan and as the smoke rises upward, the vaishnava tilts his aarti in a dandvaati-akar so that happiness virtue, elements, bhava, nishtha etc., etc. will flow towards swaroop. Hense we do dandvaat in a physical mode but our atma also does the dandvaat in aarti mode. It is also an attempt to direct the arti-dhuwa (smoke from Diwet) towards Thakorji so he can feel what that vaishnava feels. I hope Gopiji and Anjaliji, you have a satisfactory answer. I have tried to put it as close to a layman's language, but if any part is not clear then do raise the alarm. Daso no das Pushtidas.

Dasa no das Pushtidas Go to Top of Page
Gopi
Entry Level Member

15 Posts
Posted - 28 October 2004 :  18:09:19
Jai Shree Krishna, Thanks Pushtidasji. I have never known about the reason behind the diffrent shapes of the Diwet. Now it makes lot of sense. Very well explained. Thanks again. Now one question, why we always use two vertical shape diwets and not just one?

Go to Top of Page
pushtidas
Mover & Shaker Member

398 Posts
Posted - 28 October 2004 :  19:51:48
Jai shree Krishna Gopiji again a very clever way of manupulating a question within the knowledge, I like it. Shall we wait for Vahala Vaishnava to digest these question and see if they come up with your request. I feel that you have the answer, have you got the answer for this question, Gopiji? Daso no das Pushtidas

ANJLI

61 Posts
Posted - 29 October 2004 :  00:17:05
quote:
Jai Shri Krishna Thanyou Reetaben for the very informative article on aarti. I would like to also know do we put a tipko of kajal on shri thakorji to ward of any evil eyes as well? and if so do we still need to perform aarti?
Vallah Vaishnav Ne Mara Jai Shree Krsna Thank you Pushtidasji, Having satisfacory answer in the long diwet, How could you forget to look into this one? The quotes, Posted by Manishbhai. Could any one enlighten in this subject please. Anjli

JAI SHREE KRSNA Go to Top of Page
pushtidas
Mover & Shaker Member

398 Posts
Posted - 29 October 2004 :  07:09:31
Jai Shree Krishna, I am sorry I thought Tipko sawal was addressed at Reetaben by Manishji. As no one have answered the question I will attempt to reply. Till last forty years I have not seen any vaishnavs putting tipko of kajal on Thakorji to ward off the evil eyes. This was so in Shree Gusainji's era. The tipko of kajal was inserted behind Thakorji's Karna (behind ears), before putting "Kurna-ful" or Kundal (before puting earings etc). This was Yashodaji's way of protecting Bal-krishna when he left Nandalaya to play or go to Vaan to graze cows. So vaishnavs used to use tipka in Mangla and in Sayan, both time this tipko is done with Yasodaji's Bhava. Let me know that this pratha is still in existence. Daso no das Pushtidas

vinod

201 Posts
Posted - 01 November 2004 :  02:45:20
Dear Vaishnavs Jai Shree Krishna Perhaps Pushtidas or other members can now answer this? Vinod Edited by - vinod on November 01 2004 02:46:05

Jai Shree Krishna Vinod Savjani Go to Top of Page
pushtidas
Mover & Shaker Member

398 Posts
Posted - 01 November 2004 :  04:02:25
Jai Shree krishna Gopiji, As no one has answered your question I will attempt. "Aarti ruchiha Shravanam prem-bhaktayagani, aatmagnanam tatvagnanam bhagvajgnanam gnanam virbhaktivatprabodhah ||" As "Ruchi" (feelings), "shravan" (digest) and "Prem" (love) are three elements (anga) of Bhakti, these are the lements depicted in the presentation of Aart. The main body of arti is "PREM BHAKTI" and it is called "atma gnan". The two diwets are "Ruchi" and "Shravan" and these two diwet represents "Gnan" and "Tatva Gnan". As vaishnava shows their Bhavyukt and gathers "bhukh"(hunger) and "chit aklaman" (mental anticipation) and Ashakti (infectuation) these are symbolised in the aarti. So two divet is representing hunger of Bhavna and hunger of Ashakti. This way the aarti is being a sajavaat of gnan varagiya ,hilag bhava and the love (aarti) towards thakorji. Daso no das Pushtidas

ANJLI

61 Posts
Posted - 01 November 2004 :  04:44:44
Vallah Vaishnav Ne Jai Shree Krishna Dear Pushtidasji Well explained, any idea where to refer to for this, Not that I am doubting your answer, but for records only please. Thanks. Anjli

JAI SHREE KRSNA Go to Top of Page
pushtidas
Mover & Shaker Member

398 Posts
Posted - 01 November 2004 :  06:51:25
Jai Shree Krishna Check it out in an old granth titled,"Seva Seravasava Maniya" by Shree Narottam Motiram Sastri of Kapadvanaj- Virpur. Pushtidas

Gopi
Entry Level Member

15 Posts
Posted - 01 November 2004 :  19:21:31
Jai Shree Krishna Pushtidasji, Thanks for the response. Gopi.

Go to Top of Page
Topic is 4 Pages Long:
       1  |  2  |  3  |  4      Previous Page | Next Page | Reload

Jump To:

Set as your default homepage Add favorite Privacy Report A Problem/Issue   © 2014 Pushtikul Satsang Mandal All Rights Reserved. Pushtikul.com Contact Us Go To Top Of Page

loaded in 0.781s