Pages:
       1  |  2      Previous Page | Next Page | Reload
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
sthakr100
Entry Level Member

5 Posts
Posted - 28 April 2005 :  00:17:19
Jai Shree Krishna

I am new to this site so my apologies if Im asking something that shouldn't be asked.

I have read a lot of the 252 Varta's and have thoroughly enjoyed them, have also read some of the 84 Vaishnavs which have been kindly translated by Shyamdasji

One varta I cannot find in English is Damodardasji Harsani's, Could anybody please write about that varta?

Sthakrar

admin
President - Pushtikul.com

422 Posts
Posted - 28 April 2005 :  00:39:57
Dear Vaishnav, Please fell free to post your queries and don't feel shy to discuss anything that's purely based to increase your knowledge. Pushtikul is your site and please feel home when discussing any topics relevant to Pushtimarg.

Shri Vallabhadhish ki Jai !!

Anand A. Majethia

President

Go to Top of Page
sthakr100
Entry Level Member

5 Posts
Posted - 28 April 2005 :  00:42:02
Jai Shree Krishna Many Thanks for your reply Sital

Sthakrar Go to Top of Page
shreekant22
PRO - Pushtikul.com / P.E.M. January 2004

1853 Posts
Posted - 28 April 2005 :  14:16:07
Jai Shree Krishna Wah Anand Wah, really appreicate your service through this devine site and most importantly the freedom members of this site enjoy. Sital ben, Welcome to the Pushtikul Satsang Hall. To start with here is link i am providing that gives one/few varthas of Shree Damodardas Harsaniji. http://216.185.43.211/jaishreekrishna/vaish03.htm Hope it is useful to you. There is book having the englsih version of all the 84 varthas too, as soon as i am able to get it, i will scan and mail you the varthas. Edited by - shreekant22 on April 28 2005 15:26:25

Shree Vallabha dheesh ki jai Go to Top of Page
jagdish
Mover & Shaker Member

379 Posts
Posted - 28 April 2005 :  15:11:21
quote:
Jai Shree Krishna I am new to this site so my apologies if Im asking something that shouldn't be asked. I have read a lot of the 252 Varta's and have thoroughly enjoyed them, have also read some of the 84 Vaishnavs which have been kindly translated by Shyamdasji One varta I cannot find in English is Damodardasji Harsani's, Could anybody please write about that varta?
Jai Shri Krishna, I am not sure if this is the story you are looking for, but here is the summary of it. In some places i have added comments for clarification, in brackets), so please excuse my misunderstandings. Once in jatipura (Giriraj ji)at the sundar shila - Mukharvind while Shri Mahaprabhuji was resting in damla's(Damodardas Harsani's) lap, Shri Krishna (Shrinathji) came down from goverdhan parvath. Damla forbid (asked the lord to halt) the lord to approch for the fear that (the) noise of (from Thakorji's) ghungaroo's (anklets)... might awake the beloved Guru (Mahaprabhuji). The Lord obeying damala's command, stood afar and waited for shri mahaprabhuji to arise. When Shri Mahaprabhuji awoke he saw The Lord standing a short distance away !! he asked the Lord, "why he had not come"; the lord replied " Damla stopped me from doing so"; hearing this, Shri Mahaprabhuji started to reprimand damla for his seemingly unjust action, but Damla replied and asked Shri mahaprabhuji din (Donee) is bigger or diti (Donner) is bigger.?" The Lord interrupted saying, "Don't be angry with Damala, he is only keeping his dharma as Your servant, and for him to have acted like this is certainly justified." Shri mahaprabhuji then took the lord in His lap with full of affection. Here is a link that might be of further interest http://www.kripanidhi.com/Pathshala/84vaishnavas.htm Best Wishes Jagdish Edited by - jagdish on April 28 2005 15:32:56

Go to Top of Page
gopal
Pushtikul Elite Member - August 2003

1221 Posts
Posted - 28 April 2005 :  15:46:56
Jai Jai ShriGokulesh, By shrigurucharan-shrivallabh's krupa-kaani, i m trying to put some glimpses of the vaarta prasang of damodardas harsaniji

Damodardasji was the sakhi of ShriLalitaji and by gyati, Kshatriya and lived in the village of Vardha There r famous prasangs like Once ShriMahaprabhuji was travelling through the vardha-nagar and damodardasji saw Shrimahaprabhuji, he jumped from the window and went behind shrimahaprabhuji, and from that day, till end, he never came back to his own house. Shrimahaprabhuji used to call damodardasji as Damla. Moreover shriaacharyaji once were in tension thinking of the jeevs, to take sharan, but all were full of dosh. So worried. Shrithakurji did pragatya saakshaat and gave aagyna of giving brahmasambandh mantra diksha to jeevs, who r daivi. After shrithakurji dispersed, Shrimahaprabhuji asked damla, that damla tene kachu suniyo. Then damla with curtsey replied " raaj, suniyo to sahi pari samjiyo naahi." This famous quote implies us that without shrigurucharan, nothing is possible to understand the brahma-bodh. The prasang of this night has been described by shrimahaprabhuji in the Siddhant- Rahashya granth.

Jai Jai ShriGokulesh Parivaar, Baroda

Go to Top of Page
gopal

1221 Posts
Posted - 28 April 2005 :  15:52:41
Jai Jai ShriGokulesh, Moreover Damodardasji never did the Swaroop seva-shrithakurji's seva, but always served shrimahaprabhuji as both shrithakurji-shrigurudev-and all above both the same swabhaav shripurushottam-shrimahaparabhuji. Always been enjoying leela-ras and enhanced the prakaar of Manasi seva "Manasi sa para mata.."

Go to Top of Page
jagdish
Mover & Shaker Member

379 Posts
Posted - 28 April 2005 :  16:04:22
Jai Shri Krishna, Gopal ji, Many Thanks for showing this insight in the bhaav and further clarification. Best Wishes Jagdish

Go to Top of Page
sthakr100
Entry Level Member

5 Posts
Posted - 28 April 2005 :  21:46:15
Jai Shri Krishna Thanks to all vaishnavs for the replies, Shreekant Bhai once you have a copy of the 84 vaishnavs in English please do email them to me, or even if you know a place I can buy them from ? Many Thanks Sital Thakrar

Sthakrar Go to Top of Page
bindi
Pushtikul Elite Member - February 2004

225 Posts
Posted - 29 April 2005 :  00:13:07
Jayshrikrishna, dose any one know the prasang when shri Damlaji taught bhav ot the one shlok i belive of sidhant rahasya granth as daxina for pitru shradh.

bindi Go to Top of Page
gopal

1221 Posts
Posted - 04 May 2005 :  09:08:21
Jai Jai ShriGokulesh, Once the Shradhha of father of Damodardas Harsaniji came And shriGusaiji did the Shradhh. But ShriGusaiji asked for the YajmanVrutti (dakshina), then Damodardasji said the one and half sloka of Siddhant Rahashya. ShriGusaiji gave aagyna that why only 1 and half sloka, to this damodardasji answered " raaj, maine to keval itne ko hi sankalp kiyo hato".

Go to Top of Page
Topic is 2 Pages Long:
       1  |  2      Previous Page | Next Page | Reload

Jump To:

Set as your default homepage Add favorite Privacy Report A Problem/Issue   © 2014 Pushtikul Satsang Mandal All Rights Reserved. Pushtikul.com Contact Us Go To Top Of Page

loaded in 0.844s