Pages:
       1  |  2      Previous Page | Next Page | Reload
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
hetal
Entry Level Member

6 Posts
Posted - 28 October 2004 :  11:47:25
Jai Shree Krishan!!

I want to know about sutak...y are we not allowed to go to temple or even perform seva ?

I understand that person who passes away is considered to be God and very holy but we cannot go to temple .Kindly pl. explain this.

hetal

gopal
Pushtikul Elite Member - August 2003

1221 Posts
Posted - 28 October 2004 :  11:53:26
Jai Jai ShriGokulesh, It is the shastriya niyam. Shastras had given some restrictions for sutak and the periods . If a Brahmin had sutak then he or she had to follow atleast 45 days of sutak and if kshatriya or vaishya (bania) then for 16-20 dats. It is true that the the person dead his soul reaches to god, but the soul just langers to his relatives untill his or hers pind daan is not done. Sorry, if pls do answer if i m wrong

Jai Jai ShriGokulesh Parivaar, Baroda

Go to Top of Page
jayvinbhatt
Mover & Shaker Member

394 Posts
Posted - 28 October 2004 :  12:29:22
jai shree krishna gopal bhai isnt sutak for brahmin only for 12-13 days according to me i think its only that many days and not 45 days. and regarding not doing seva or cant go to temple is because during the time of sutak and periods there are so many impurities around. furthermore when u are in sutak u dont concetrate on thaorji's seva because u have just lost some one thats why even we dont do seva because to do seva we always have to be very happy which i guess u wotn be when u are having sutak from a near relative, and thakorji ne dhoroj navi samagri arogavani which u cant do during the time of sutak. please correct me if i am wrong, sorry cant put in more simpler form.

Jay Bhatt (JAI SHREE KRISHNA) Go to Top of Page
gopal

1221 Posts
Posted - 29 October 2004 :  11:25:27
Jai Jai ShriGokulesh, Jaybhai i said i may be wrong, and i can suggest 1 pustak. Hetalji i think so ur from ahmedabad, as u quoted in ur profile ur ShriGurudev Go. ShriRajeshbavashri at Ahmedabad Isanpur. Now 1 pustak been published by Bhailalbhai Sheth from Modasa, and can be available from the below address the name of pustak "Asauch Darpan" BHARATKUMAR AMBALAL MEHTA (VAHALA) 15, JAYBHARAT SOCIETY, PALADI, AHMEDABAD 380007 pH: 91-79-26643670

Go to Top of Page
vrajeshn
Entry Level Member

46 Posts
Posted - 04 November 2004 :  00:16:11
Jai Shree Krishna, I think for a brahmin sutak is only for 10 days and for kshatriyas it is 16 days and as far as seva is concerned even that is allowed in some extreme circumstances and there is nivaran for that also, but in sutak a vaishnav has permission for only one darshan. Can anybody try which darshan is allowed and why? Jai Shree Krishna G N Vrajesh Edited by - vrajeshn on November 04 2004 00:18:02

Vrajeshn Go to Top of Page
gopal

1221 Posts
Posted - 04 November 2004 :  12:12:32
Jai Jai ShriGokulesh, Darshana is not allowed during Sutak, not any for 16 days. If some haveli's do allow then it is their own personal allowances, but as per shastras, it is not allowed. At some places darshana r alowed during the sen as shriyamunajiswarop jhariji lotiji is not present, and even the ladies during periods r also allowed. But this is not the shastriya parampara.

Go to Top of Page
jayvinbhatt
Mover & Shaker Member

394 Posts
Posted - 04 November 2004 :  12:31:31
jai shree krishna, gopal bhai is right that during sutak u can do darshan but only when jariji is not present along the side of thakorji thats the only time u can do thakorji's darshan. but when a lady is in her periods under no circumstances she is allow to do darshan for 4-5 days. thats wht i know.

vrajeshn
Entry Level Member

46 Posts
Posted - 04 November 2004 :  14:51:21
Jai Shree Krishna Yes u r right Shri Gopal bhai that only in shayan darshan a vaishnav has agna to do darshan as there is no Jhareeji and Bantajee. But this agna is given by a go balak, can we have the answer? And as pointed out by Jay ji in periods ladies are not allowed to have darshan and that is only for 3 days and they can do darshan on 4th day but only on 5th day they have agna to enter the seva and not on the 4th day.

jayvinbhatt
Mover & Shaker Member

394 Posts
Posted - 04 November 2004 :  15:05:23
jai shree krishna, vrajesh bhai even on the fourth day they cant do darshan according to me, and even they cant do darshan of any vallabh kul who ever is residing in their country.

vrajeshn
Entry Level Member

46 Posts
Posted - 04 November 2004 :  15:20:05
Jai Shree Krishna, They are allowed to do darshan on 4th day but they cannot take aarti and do any other seva of thakorji like mala seva or phool or meva ghar seva ie they are not supposed to touch any thing which will go in the seva of thakorji, Reg vallabhkul yes as u r not allowed to touch anything which goes into angikaar of thakorji the same applies for vallabhkul as u cannot do charan sparsh on 4th day. Jai Shree Krishna. Vrajesh

hetal
Entry Level Member

6 Posts
Posted - 05 November 2004 :  12:01:45
Jai shri krishan!! Thanks alot for the replies...but again again death or the monthly cycle is the natural process...I understand that it's our shastra that says such things..I am curiuos to know the reason...I undersatnd that there must be some reason for it...as one vaishnav explained about not doing seva coz we are in pain and stuff...that was conviencing but not this shastra....I may follow it but not wholeheartedly....and I believe it is important to do it with faith and heart and not coz u r asked to do it...can somebody pl. explain it... No offences pl.... Jsk Hetal

hetal Go to Top of Page
Topic is 2 Pages Long:
       1  |  2      Previous Page | Next Page | Reload

Jump To:

Set as your default homepage Add favorite Privacy Report A Problem/Issue   © 2014 Pushtikul Satsang Mandal All Rights Reserved. Pushtikul.com Contact Us Go To Top Of Page

loaded in 0.875s