%3Cb%3EKrishna %26 His Leelas%3C%2Fb%3E
 Bhagavad-Ashraya
  Printer Friendly Version  
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
gopal
Pushtikul Elite Member - August 2003

1221 Posts
Posted - 16 October 2004 :  14:15:37
Jai Jai ShriGokulesh, The firm resort in Bhagavan is the foundation of Pushti-Bhakti or Pushti-devotion. It is not even possible to imagine Pushti-Devotion without having steadfast and single-minded resort in Bhagavan. A man carried away into a torrential river sees his doom before his very eyes. But, when all of a sudden, he catches a piece of wood, he heaves a sigh of relief and feels firm faith in his mind that he has been saved. Similarly, in the howling worldly ‘I-ness’ and ‘My-ness’, when a man is forcibly dragged towards sickening sorrows, ailing infatuation and leering lustfulness, suddenly the remembrance of Bhagavan illumines his heart establishing his faith in Bhagavan and relieves him from tortuous worries. Devotion can take place only when such steadfast resort in Bhagavan is established in the state of equipoise. A child becomes free from all its worries by depending upon its mother and father in good faith. The child keeps remembering its mother and father in all moments of joys and sorrows. In the same way, if we give up resort in other gods and goddesses and leave aside all means such as sacrifice-pilgrimage-mantra etc., and go only to the refuge of Shri Krishna, gracious Bhagavan will surely remove all our sorrows and miseries. In the Gita Bhagavan has given solemn promise of fearlessness to Arjuna:

Sarva dharman parityajya, mamekam Sharanam vraja.

Meaning: Leaving aside all your duties; come to my sole refuge.

In the book of ‘Vivekadhairyashraya’ Shri Vallabhacharya, states:

Aihike paraloke ca, sarvatha sharanam harih.

Meaning: One should, by all means, go to the refuge only in Bhagavan Shri Krishna, giving up all worries as to what will happen to me in this world and in the world hereafter.

When we take shelter in Bhagavan with full confidence that He is the only doer of all that happens to us, it can be said that we have whole-heartedly resorted to Shri Krishna. Devotees like Dhruva, Prahalada, Gajendra (the Elephant), Pandavas etc., too, resorted to Bhagavan and pleased Him and so all their sorrows and miseries came to an end.

Jai Jai ShriGokulesh Parivaar, Baroda

Jump To:

Set as your default homepage Add favorite Privacy Report A Problem/Issue   © 2014 Pushtikul Satsang Mandal All Rights Reserved. Pushtikul.com Contact Us Go To Top Of Page

loaded in 0.438s