vesnav- Eating Non Veg
  Printer Friendly Version  
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
bharatc68
Entry Level Member

13 Posts
Posted - 16 January 2003 :  10:48:56
Jai Shree Krishna

If a person has taken bramsambandh in the early age ,and has Apars seva at home ,his father does, but as he grows he starts eating non veg, and even drink without giving any knowledge in his family to any one . but causally he stops every thing no non. veg ,or drinking, not even Onion and garlic and not even tea.

Can he perform Apras Pooja at home. and if he does seva at home after fasting for one day and than starts seva.

But if he is doing seva , and unknowingly without knowledge takes some nonveg. but as soon as he comes to know he throw the food.

What should be done in such situation. should he keep fast and perform the seva next day. or is their any other way to be pure. to go in front of thakurji.

chiragdoshi
News Reporter

118 Posts
Posted - 16 January 2003 :  14:20:49
Jai Shree Krishna, If a person has eaten nonveg without knowledge & then he comes to know that he has eaten nonveg & stop (throw away the food) eating, than he is not guilty & can perform seva according to me after taking bath, he has to change his tulsi kanthi (mala) also, after confessing it to his guru & Tahkorji. If guru gives agnya to perform seva without doing fast he can perform but if guru tells that he has to do fast & then only he can perform seva then he has to do fasting & then seva. Chirag

Vaishnav
(Chirag Doshi)

Go to Top of Page
yogini

142 Posts
Posted - 17 January 2003 :  23:20:40
Jai Shree Krsna Purity of the body is not what matters its the purity of the mind n soul. Its just all in the mind but what is purity in reality Its the purity of the soul. One has to be crystal clear int he mind n soul, impurity in the soul n purity in body is not wat thakurji is looking for. You mean to say that the seva performed after a bath is acceptable NO. There are situtations when people travel to Western countries n eat french fries (potatoes) available in all fast food outlets do u know that the potato fried is in LAD which is animal fat. So it hardly matters wat u eat n how thiick is your faith towards the lord. Its we who make the rules n regulations that we should eat this n not that. If you go to see even the vegetables u eat are living organism. As soon as the fruit or flower is plucked from the tree it stops growing. Yes its good n health to be a vegetarian. I know of someone who has a seva n when she travels if any proper food is not available keeps chochlate as prasad. My apology if i m wrong but this is wat i feel. I suggest u see the PANDAV VANAS series in the MAHABARAT n follow the gyan marg. Yogini

Yogini Go to Top of Page
neilpanchmatia
Entry Level Member

25 Posts
Posted - 20 January 2003 :  05:06:36
Eating non - vegetarian food, as is common Hindu knowledge is strictly prohibited. It should not be encouraged by offering cheap alternatives like having a bath after eating and thinking oneself pure. Vegetables and Plants, on the other hand are living organisms and yet have not central nervous system. I.e. they do not feel pain when we cut and eat them, unlike animals. Flesh eating should not be encouraged. Our tummies should not be the graves of other animals we did not personally create. According to Shrimad Bhagvatam, human beings have no right to destroy what they havent created. Our Thakorji and Pushti sampraday definitely doesnt allow meat eating. The choice, hence is simple. Be a vaishnav, or eat meat.

Go to Top of Page
jatin
Pushtikul Ethics Director / P.E.M. June 2003

424 Posts
Posted - 20 January 2003 :  15:02:36
Yes, I agree with the chirag, that if person has stopped eating no-veg and by mistake if he ate Non veg food than he has to do confession in front of Thakorji and Gurudev , than if Gurudev is giving agya to perform seva than only he can do the seva at home or haveli,And Also he has to Change the KANTHI. as per my knowledge "Pushtimarg is Kripa Marg" If the person know that he has done wrong thing and after that he realise that whatever he has done is absoulately wrongand if he is confessing from heart in front of Gurudev" than i'm sure that after some time he will be allowed to do seva. Jatin Malkan

Shree Dwarikadhiski Jai
Shree Sri Lalji Pyare Ki Jai
Jatin Malkan

Go to Top of Page
admin
President - Pushtikul.com

422 Posts
Posted - 20 January 2003 :  21:29:01
I do not agree with Yoginiben. I want to tell her that purity of both, Mind and Soul is absolutely necassary if the Vaishnav wants to be a dear Vaishnav of Thakorji. Thakorji doesn't like impure things. Even we don't like impure things... do we? As said by Neil, plants do not feel pain if we cut them. Nor in our Hindu religion it is disallowed to eat Veg food. I must say here that a Vaishnav who starts eating Non-Veg and drinks if feels like doing Seva then it is a purely divine wish of Thakorji that the person must do Seva. He must immediately stop eating and drinking Non-Veg and Drinks respectively and must take Agnya (i.e. orders) from his Gurudev for doing Seva after explaining to Him his Sins. I am sure that with Kripa of Thakorji and Gurudev, the Vaishnav will start doing Seva and will develop to be a great Vaishnav. Jai Shri Krishna, Anand Majethia (President)

Shri Vallabhadhish ki Jai !!

Anand A. Majethia

President

Go to Top of Page
ojhaak
Pushtikul Elite Member - September 2003

209 Posts
Posted - 10 March 2003 :  16:14:12
Jai Shree Krishna Confession in public will limit such things. This is the only way and follow srictly what has been said by The President, Shree Anand Majethiaji. Jai Shree Krishna

Jai Shree Krishna A.K.OJHA Go to Top of Page
DATTUBHAI
Pushtikul Elite Member - April 2004

170 Posts
Posted - 11 March 2003 :  02:13:47
Jay Shri Krishna. I agree with President.If he stops eating non veg.and drinks just for the seva.He should be parden and allowed to do seva as per his Guru's guidence. Jay Shri Krishna. Dattubhai D.A.Purohit

D.A.Purohit Go to Top of Page
ojhaak
Pushtikul Elite Member - September 2003

209 Posts
Posted - 11 March 2003 :  09:20:49
Jaishree Krishna I would suggest that once we confess and have knowledge that non-veg & drinks are no good purpose to serve , one must must utilize knowledge to prosper further. This much self determination is necessary in our daily walk of life. Jai shree Krishna A.K.OJHA Jai Shree Krishna A.K.OJHA

Jai Shree Krishna A.K.OJHA Go to Top of Page
Jump To:

Set as your default homepage Add favorite Privacy Report A Problem/Issue   © 2014 Pushtikul Satsang Mandal All Rights Reserved. Pushtikul.com Contact Us Go To Top Of Page

loaded in 0.797s