%3Cb%3EDisscuss it all. %3C%2Fb%3E
 Who was Kamsa%3F
  Printer Friendly Version  
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Vasant Punjabi
Vice-President & Pushtikul Elite Member - May 2003

1047 Posts
Posted - 03 March 2004 :  23:38:22
As we all know Devaki's brother Kamsa son of Ugrasena was killed by Lord Shri Krishna but who was Kamsa in his previous life??

Vasant

shreekant22
PRO - Pushtikul.com / P.E.M. January 2004

1853 Posts
Posted - 04 March 2004 :  13:15:13
Jai Shree Krishna Kamsa was Kalanemi in his previous birth, the great-grandson of Hirnayakasipu. Another interesting fact is that The six sons of Devaki and Vasudev killed by Kamsa where the sons of Kalanemi. Since these six souls did not acknowledge that thier Great-grandfather was a god, Hiranyakasipu cursed them that in another life they should be killed by their own father. Hence, the six souls were freed of this karma by meeting their end at the hands of of the one who who had been a father to them in a previous birth.

Shree Vallabha dheesh ki jai Go to Top of Page
shreekant22

1853 Posts
Posted - 04 March 2004 :  13:21:55
Jai Shree Krishna More information.... Prior to Lord Krishna's appearance, Devaki had lost six sons, murdered as infants by King Kamsa, Devaki's brother. From the shastras we learn that these six had been the sons of Marichi, and that Lord Brahma had cursed them to be killed by Kamsa, who in a previous birth had been their father. These six sons also represent the sad garbasuras, or the human defects of lust, anger, greed, madness, illusion and envy. Devaki's sons' deaths by Kamsa symbolise overcoming these six faults within ourselves. Fortunately, Devaki is later reunited with her sons, as Lord Krishna and His brother Balarama retrieve them from Bali Maharaja, bringing them back to life. Even so, the sons represent flaws in our character, and their deaths at the hands of Kamsa signify the need for us to purify our consciousness. Their dying stands for eradicating the 'demons' of material association.

Vasant Punjabi

1047 Posts
Posted - 04 March 2004 :  22:33:03
Jai Shri Krishna, Good response Kamsa was in his previous life was the great demon Kalanemi slain by Vishnu and who was reborn as Kamsa.

Vasant Go to Top of Page
Vasant Punjabi

1047 Posts
Posted - 04 March 2004 :  22:37:43
Jai Shri Krishna, Shreekantbhai, there is little confusion in your above answers can you please clarify and also inform where you got these answers As stated by you above, The six sons of Devaki and Vasudev killed by Kamsa where the sons of Kalanemi again in next reply you put Devaki had lost six sons, murdered as infants by King Kamsa, Devaki's brother. From the shastras we learn that these six had been the sons of Marichi, which one is true??

Vasant Go to Top of Page
shreekant22

1853 Posts
Posted - 05 March 2004 :  09:32:14
Jai Shree Krishna I too am confused. the First one is from The Bhagvats description, but the second one i came across from the net. I too need clarification as to whic one is true, which is the reason i posted both the replies.

Vasant Punjabi

1047 Posts
Posted - 05 March 2004 :  22:47:54
Jai Shri Krishna, Well, this was answered by me before and this is the true correct answer. I am happy to see you all are taking interest and want to gain more knowledge. Well here is the answer in part Lord Krishna says in First Manvatara presided over by Swayambhuva Manu, Marichi had six sons through his wife Urna they were all Gods. Next life they took birth in Asura Family as sons of Hiranyakasipu. Thence they were transfered to Devaki's womb by Yogamaya and were murdered by Kamsa as we all know.

Vasant Go to Top of Page
Vasant Punjabi

1047 Posts
Posted - 05 March 2004 :  22:51:53
Dear Shreekantbhai, Jai Shri Krishna, Even if we use logic here you have said , Kamsa was Kalanemi in his previous birth, the great-grandson of Hirnayakasipu. Another interesting fact is that The six sons of Devaki and Vasudev killed by Kamsa where the sons of Kalanemi how can they be reborn to same father.?

Vasant Go to Top of Page
shreekant22

1853 Posts
Posted - 07 March 2004 :  17:14:34
Jai shree Krishna From what i have understood, as the curse they are to be killed by their own father, not necessarily in the same birth. It is Prabhus maya that he relived them of the curse and also saved them from being killed by thier own father.

Jump To:

Set as your default homepage Add favorite Privacy Report A Problem/Issue   © 2014 Pushtikul Satsang Mandal All Rights Reserved. Pushtikul.com Contact Us Go To Top Of Page

loaded in 0.797s