Re Paan
  Printer Friendly Version  
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Vasant Punjabi
Vice-President & Pushtikul Elite Member - May 2003

1047 Posts
Posted - 11 October 2003 :  03:10:19
Jai Shri Krishna,

Received email from one vaishnav who wants to know what contents are added to paan before offering to Shri Nathji?

Lets see who knows. People who have visited Paan ghar in Nathduara should know this plus many must have even participated.

Vasant

Vasant

navneet_deora
Entry Level Member

48 Posts
Posted - 13 October 2003 :  14:39:01
jay shree krishna!! i don't know what r the actual ingredients of the masala of the paan offered to Shrinathji,but we make masala of paan at home for our thakurji,& the taste is pretty similar to the one offered to Shrinathji,though not exactly the same.the difference is that the one offered to shrinathji is sweet,& the one we make is strong in taste. i will give the exact list in my next post. just for information,the masala is available at shri dwarkadhishji haveli in kandivali,mumbai for sale.

Go to Top of Page
navneet_deora
Entry Level Member

48 Posts
Posted - 14 October 2003 :  15:00:46
jay shree krishna!! the ingredients of masala that we make at home for our thakurji are as follows: 600 gm roasted supari (pakki supari) 400 gm madras chikni supari 100 gm elaichi 50 gm laung 100 gm dry kattha 10 gm dalchini 2 jaifal 15-20 gms peppermint 1st both the suparies are crushed together with ukhal-musli(mortar & pestle),then all the other things are added to it & grinded inside the mixer. it has a strong taste & some sweet supari can also be added to it. while offering beeda to thakurji,care should be taken that both the ends of the paan are cut. this mixture if put in 2 small beedas 4 times a day,lasts for about 1 month. hope this information is useful to vaishnavas. thank you.

Go to Top of Page
Jump To:

Set as your default homepage Add favorite Privacy Report A Problem/Issue   © 2014 Pushtikul Satsang Mandal All Rights Reserved. Pushtikul.com Contact Us Go To Top Of Page

loaded in 0.516s