%3Cb%3EDisscuss it all. %3C%2Fb%3E
 Dolotsav
  Printer Friendly Version  
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
vaibhav_shah
Pushtikul Elite Member - December 2003

270 Posts
Posted - 15 March 2003 :  11:51:55
Jay Shree Krushna As the fasitval of holi comes, I would like to ask what is the Significanse of DOLOTSAV? What is the story behind this? Vaibhav

yogini

142 Posts
Posted - 19 March 2003 :  01:14:08
quote:
Jay Shree Krushna As the fasitval of holi comes, I would like to ask what is the Significanse of DOLOTSAV? What is the story behind this? Vaibhav
The story what i have heard is after playing holi with the sakhas(friends) Lord krsna was tired n he comes n sits in yashodamaiyas lap n yashodamaiya just moves her lap( Thakurji ne yashodamaiya khola ma dholeve che) is the story, n thakurji wants to rest.Thakurji is given the bhog of sweets. I may be wrong on this pelase correct me. Yogini

Yogini Go to Top of Page
vaibhav_shah
Pushtikul Elite Member - December 2003

270 Posts
Posted - 20 March 2003 :  21:44:35
Jay shree krushna You may be right youginiben But the story what I have heard is Once Vrushbhanji(father of shree radhaji)refused for Vivah of radhaji wiht THKORJI, and disregarded Nand bava, but because of Shree radhaji he called back Thakorji . at that time shree thakorji told him to put both radhaji and thakorji in one dol(bucket) and than swing it like a swing. from that day dolotsav is celebrated. do correct me vaibhav

Go to Top of Page
Vasant Punjabi
Vice-President & Pushtikul Elite Member - May 2003

1047 Posts
Posted - 21 March 2003 :  08:38:50
Jai Shri Krishna DOLOTSAVA FOR THIS SPRING FESTIVAL, SHRINATHJI IS DERSSED IN A WHITE GHERDAE JAMA & WHITE TURBAN. HIS CHEST & SHOULDERS ARE SMEARED WITH CHOVA, BURNT SANDAKWOOL POWDER, WHILE HIS CHEEKS BEAR GULALA SMEARS, DARK LINER SMEARS COVERING, ALONG WITH THE RED OF GULALA & THE YELLOW CHANDANA, BOWLS OF AGULALA, & SYRINGES ARE PLACED ON THE PLATFORM FOR SHRINATHJI TO PLAY WITH. This festival of color.hori geet is sung in the haveli. There is atmosphere of joy every where .as Shrinathji as well as all vaishnav play with each other with color this festival .shri Krishna enjoy with gopies and gwals of brij and Radhaji. Vasant

Vasant Go to Top of Page
Jump To:

Set as your default homepage Add favorite Privacy Report A Problem/Issue   © 2014 Pushtikul Satsang Mandal All Rights Reserved. Pushtikul.com Contact Us Go To Top Of Page

loaded in 0.594s