Disscuss+it+all.+
 Sutak
  Printer Friendly Version  
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
sujataben
Entry Level Member

2 Posts
Posted - 30 July 2013 :  20:26:08
JSK - Can anybody explain me how many sutaks we need to follow in Pustimarg. How to follow and after sutak what need to perform befor starting seva? Can we eat baby shower food as I have seva at home? If no why?

Sujata

shreekant22
PRO - Pushtikul.com / P.E.M. January 2004

1853 Posts
Posted - 04 September 2013 :  14:09:27

Jai Shree Krishna.

Sutak has nothing to do with Pushtimarg. Sutak is what you follow as part of your dharm sanskaar, and it related to deat of a member of the family or relative. the number of days that you have to be in sutak depends on who the relative is.  with regards to seva, to the best of my knowledge, we have to keep a days upvaas after shuddi from sutak, and then we can perform seva. However, if the relaive is part of the paternal family, where in you follow 13 days of Sutak, for male members, they should also do mundan, that is to shave ones head.

Baby shower food? Whats that?

Shree Vallabha dheesh ki jai Go to Top of Page
jagdish
Mover & Shaker Member

379 Posts
Posted - 24 September 2013 :  17:38:23
Jai Shri Krishna, bhai baby shower is western culture, it is like shrimant ceremony, so taking food in someone's house which is prepared as part of the shrimant...?

Go to Top of Page
jagdish
Mover & Shaker Member

379 Posts
Posted - 24 September 2013 :  18:54:39
Jai Shri Krishna, bhai baby shower is western culture, it is like shrimant ceremony, so taking food in someone's house which is prepared as part of the shrimant...?

Go to Top of Page
Jump To:

Set as your default homepage Add favorite Privacy Report A Problem/Issue   © 2014 Pushtikul Satsang Mandal All Rights Reserved. Pushtikul.com Contact Us Go To Top Of Page

loaded in 0.578s