Pages:
       1  |  2  |  3  |  4  |  5      Previous Page | Next Page | Reload
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
prakash_kotecha

61 Posts
Posted - 14 June 2009 :  04:56:13
|| Sarvam Krishna Arpanam ||

Jai Shri Krishna,

Can someone please tell me the relation between Chaitanya Mahaprabhu and Mahaprabhuji of PushtiMarg? Were they Godbrothers?

Regards
Prakash

govindshah2

154 Posts
Posted - 16 June 2009 :  08:21:36

There is no relation as such between ShriVallabhacharyaji And ShriKrishna Chaitanya.  They both were of Same Age. And they both did spread the path to follow religion through Devotion.

ShriKrishna Chaitanya was the Uccha Koti Bhagwad Bhakt, and lately many followers joined His methodology of bhakti. Where as Mahaprabhu ShriVallabhacharyaji is an Aacharya. Aacharya means the Incarnation of God.

ShriKrishna Chaitanya's  a great saint, a great devottee. and has idiology regarding devotion is that If a follower does take lord's name for a while such as keeping a piece of Rai on Cow's head, then that follower gets rid of all the worldly affairs.

Whereas ShriMahaprabhuji ShriVallabhacharyji says that Devotion is a continous process and not a process of a whle. It is a life time process and if the followers forgets God's name for a while such as Keeping a piece of Rai on Cow's head, then also the follower gets Aasura. Bahirmukha. So is the reasn ShriMahaprabhuji ShriVallabhacharyaji had given us orders to reciete Astakshar Mantra regularly at all times.

Edited by - govindshah2 on 18 June 2009 16:26:45

Go to Top of Page
unnati

224 Posts
Posted - 16 June 2009 :  11:29:02

Jai Shri Krishna,

There is the relation between Shri Chaitanya and Shri Vallabhacharyaji coz both of them dedicated their lives in spreading bhakti Marg to realize God. Probably it was the need of the time for the two great souls to come to earth simultaneously.

Like Govindji said abt the Sampradayas; Within traditional Vaishnavism there are four main disciplic lineages (sampradayas), each of which traces its roots back to a specific Vedic personality. The four sampradayas follow subtly different philosophical systems regarding the relationship between the soul (jiva) and God (Vishnu), although the majority of other core beliefs are identical.

Rudra-Sampradaya
Philosophy: Shuddhadvaita ("pure nondualism"), espoused by Shri Vallabhacharyaji.

Brahma-Sampradaya
Philosophy: Dvaita ("dualism"), espoused by Madhvacharya, and also -
Achintya Bheda Abheda ("inconceivable oneness and difference"), espoused by
Shri Chaitanya.

Lakshmi-Sampradaya
Philosophy: Vishishtadvaita ("qualified nondualism"), espoused by Shri Ramanujacharya.

Kumara-Sampradaya
Philosophy: Dvaitadvaita ("duality in unity"), espoused by Shri Nimbarkacharya.

Thus from the above classification of sampradaya one get to know that both belong to different Sampradaya.

And the incident which Govindji explained is in relation with the good company and bad company i.e;

Shri Chaitanya said  to Shri Vallabhacharyaji, "Even if one were to spend less time in the company of a saint or an enlightened human being, than the time takes for a mustard seed remain on the tip of a horn, all sins would be destroyed."

To this, Sri Vallabhacharyaji said "If you give up good company and thoughts for even as short a time as it takes for a mustard seed to stay on a cows horn, you will become a victim to negative thoughts and actions".

The above is something for all of us to think about. Thats the reason Shri Vallabhacharyaji stated in Navratnam granth;

"Tasmat sarvatmana nityam, "Shri Krishnah Sharanam mama"

Vadadbhireva satatam; stheyamityeva me matih"

Meaning:

Therefore, to show one's gratitude, devotion & regard, devotee should recite constantly & wholeheartedly the Mantra: “Shri Krishnah Sharanam mama” by keeping this devout sentiment in mind: “O Shri Krishna! Only you are my refuge”.

Shri Vallabha Charan Vina Sharan Koni Jaou.....Shri Vitthala Nam Vina Mantra Kya Thi Paou......Shri Vallabha Charan Vina Sharan Koni Jaou.....

Unnati Kadakia

Go to Top of Page
prakash_kotecha

61 Posts
Posted - 17 June 2009 :  11:15:42

Jai Shri Krishna !!

Thanks for the reply.

I should confess that I am not well versed with all this and I may as well be very wrong in what I am saying. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Can someone please direct me to the literature on this exchnge between the two great devotees of the lord

"Shri Chaitanya said  to Shri Vallabhacharyaji, "Even if one were to spend less time in the company of a saint or an enlightened human being, than the time takes for a mustard seed remain on the tip of a horn, all sins would be destroyed."

To this, Sri Vallabhacharyaji said "If you give up good company and thoughts for even as short a time as it takes for a mustard seed to stay on a cows horn, you will become a victim to negative thoughts and actions"."

I was under the impression that both of them were born in different times and never had a chance to meet each other.

Also, I think ISKCON rigorously follows the teachings of Shri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu but have always found them saying that we should constantly chat the holy name of the God to free ourselves from this material life. In fact they seem to have rigorous practice of chanting the holy name of the lord.

Regards

Go to Top of Page
sital
Entry Level Member

18 Posts
Posted - 17 June 2009 :  15:33:32

Jai Shree Krishna

Prior to coming into pushtimarg I was part of ISKON.  Whilst I was there I was told to chant 16 mala's a day which would be my target for the day, whereas in Pushtimarg we are not suppose to stay without bhagvaad naam for a single second

Sanyaas at the age of 50 is highly recommend to male's leaving their wife in the hands of the son.  In Pushtimarg you achieve the bliss of God by being a householder,  one doesnt need to leave the home.  If all activities are dedicated to the divine then there is no need to leave.

I agree there is similarities yet also huge differences.   The bliss of seva received in Pushtimarg cannot be compared to any other marg.   Our home becomes vraj by Shree vallabh's grace

JSK

Go to Top of Page
prakash_kotecha

61 Posts
Posted - 17 June 2009 :  15:42:32
|| Sarvam Krishna  Arpanam ||

Jai Shri Krishna !!

Interesting. I believe the 16 rounds is minimum and not the maximum. Maximum is as much as possible.

As far as

"The bliss of seva received in Pushtimarg cannot be compared to any other marg."

I dont think I am intelligent enough to comprehend that and neither do I have the Lords mercy so far to accept as many people are saying it out.

I guess each Marg attains the same goal !!

Hari Bol !!

Go to Top of Page
sital
Entry Level Member

18 Posts
Posted - 17 June 2009 :  18:09:53

Jai Shree Krishna

Whatever path one follows it is the highest for them.  Discussing Krishna ’s leela’s is a grace in itself

JSK

Go to Top of Page
prakash_kotecha

61 Posts
Posted - 17 June 2009 :  18:43:54

Jai Shri Krishna,

Very True.

Probably, that is also a beauty of the Lord. So many different forms of worship.
Go to Top of Page
unnati

224 Posts
Posted - 17 June 2009 :  19:25:04

Jai Shri Krishna,

Yes Prakashji! Shri Vallabhacharya and Shri Chaitanya met twice in personal and one of the incidents is about the conversation between the two i.e.

Shri Vallabhacharyaji, who was staying in Adaila village, heard of Shri Chaitanya’s arrival and so came to see Him. Shri Vallabhacharyaji invited Shri Chaitanya for lunch, and the Shri Chaitanya introduced Rupa and Anupama to him. From a distance the two brothers offered their obeisance to Shri Vallabhacharyaji with great humility. When the Acharya was coming to embrace them, Rupa said, "We are untouchables and most sinful. Please do not touch us." Shri Vallabhacharyaji was surprised at this, but Shri Chaitanya was very much pleased and said, "Don't touch them as they belong to very low caste, you are an aristocratic Yagnik brahmin." Hearing the Holy Name, constantly vibrated by the two brothers, Shri Vallabhacharyaji said, "since these two brothers incessantly chanting Krishna ’s Name, they can not be untouchables. On the contrary they are most exalted."

Then Shri Chaitanya said to Shri Vallabhacharyaji, "Even if one were to spend less time in the company of a saint or an enlightened human being, than the time takes for a mustard seed remain on the tip of a horn, all sins would be destroyed." 

To this, Shri Vallabhacharyaji said "If you give up good company and thoughts for even as short a time as it takes for a mustard seed to stay on a cow’s horn, you will become a victim to negative thoughts and actions".

Shri Vallabhacharyaji then took Shri Chaitanya to his village on a boat and after lunch brought Him back to Prayag.  

I very much agree wid u prakashji about chanting Maximum round is as much as possible and that’s the reason Shri Vallabhacharyaji says "Tasmat sarvatmana nityam, "Shri Krishnah Sharanam mama" Vadadbhireva satatam; stheyamityeva me matih" 

Sitalji, I too agree with your statement The bliss of seva received in Pushtimarg cannot be compared to any other marg”. The reason I agree is in relation with the following incident. 

One day, Gopaladasa, a disciple of Shri Chaitanya requested his guru to grant him a deity to worship who in turn entrusted to him a Shaligrama. Gopaladasa worshipped the Shaligram but was distressed by heart as he desired to worship a deity which he could adorn with clothes and jewels. He once again prayed to his guru for a deity but in despair.

One night, Shri Krishna Chaitanya, who had left for Jagannathpuri, appeared in his dream and told him that he was incarnated to establish the greatness of the chanting of the Lord's holy names, but his wish would be fulfilled by Shri Vallabhacharya Mahaprabhuji, who had the right to grant the service of the Lord's deity. 

When Shri Mahaprabhuji arrived in Vrindavana, Gopaladasa pleaded Him to grant him a deity for worship. Shri Mahaprabhuji, instead of giving him a deity said that if he worshipped with pure sentiments then his Shaligrama would transform into a deity of his desire. He asked Gopaladas to wait until morning to see the change in his Shaligrama.
The following morning, by the grace of Shri Mahaprabhuji, his Shaligrama had transformed into the most enchanting and charming form of Shri Krishna which he called as Radha Ramana (this deity is still in Vrindavana).

Gopaladasa, realising that Shri Mahaprabhuji was Krishna Himself, approached Him with the hope of becomming His disciple. But Shri Mahaprabhuji told him that He would accept him in his next birth. So, after many years, Gopaladasa was reborn as Gopala Naga, the renowned devotee of the Path of Grace. 

Prakashji, i don’t agree when u say that each Marg attains the same goal coz; 

In PUSHTIMARG the main Goal is Sri Krishna and Sri Krishna's Bhakti and In MARYADAMARG the main Goal is Moksha.

Sorry for such a long posting but this is up to my limited knowledge. Please correct me if i'm wrong.

Edited by - unnati on 17 June 2009 19:27:13

Shri Vallabha Charan Vina Sharan Koni Jaou.....Shri Vitthala Nam Vina Mantra Kya Thi Paou......Shri Vallabha Charan Vina Sharan Koni Jaou.....

Unnati Kadakia

Go to Top of Page
prakash_kotecha

61 Posts
Posted - 17 June 2009 :  19:33:01

Jai Shri Krishna !!

Unnatiji, Thank you very much for such a detailed information. It was really nice of you to explain us about the leelas of both these great souls.

I was a bit complacent while using the word "goal"

It should have been "I guess each Marg strives to attain Lord Krishna !!"

Regards
Prakash Go to Top of Page
prakash_kotecha

61 Posts
Posted - 17 June 2009 :  19:36:03

Jai Shri Krishna.

Can someone please let me know about the way PushtiMarg considers Lord Krishna & Lord Vishnu?

I have hear two contrary (to my mind) things. One says that Lord Krishna is the Supreme Personality of God and Lord Vishnu is just a part of it. The other thing that I have heard is that Lord Krishna is just an avatar of Lord Vishnu and this is what the lord showed to Arjun in the battlefield of Kurushetra

Regards
Prakash Go to Top of Page
Topic is 5 Pages Long:
       1  |  2  |  3  |  4  |  5      Previous Page | Next Page | Reload

Jump To:

Set as your default homepage Add favorite Privacy Report A Problem/Issue   © 2014 Pushtikul Satsang Mandal All Rights Reserved. Pushtikul.com Contact Us Go To Top Of Page

loaded in 0.859s