Pages:
       1  |  2      Previous Page | Next Page | Reload
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
prakash_kotecha

61 Posts
Posted - 07 June 2009 :  08:11:29
|| Sarvam Krishna Arpanam ||

Jai Shri Krishna,

I would be grateful if someone can help me understand one of the past time of Shri Hari.

The past time that I am referring is when both Arjun and Duryodhan go to the Lord Merciful to ask for his help in the war.

I cannot understand as to why the Lord gave his army to Duryodhan. As his army's master, I thought that the Lord will protect them from taking the side of adharma. Also, the Supreme Lord very well knew that anyone siding with Duryodhan will be destroyed.But, still he asked them to fight with a side that was not dharmic

Regards
Prakash
mehtavicki
Entry Level Member

21 Posts
Posted - 07 June 2009 :  18:19:10

jai shree krishna

the past time you are reffering to comes up in the mahabharat. i remember watching it on tv. as far as i know, both arjun and duryodhan land up to thakorji for help in the battle. duryodhan was doing adharma, but he still came to the sharan of thakurji, so it was thakorji's dharma to give him what he wants. but as there were two people taking sharan for the same reason, he said that he cannot divide himself in two and so he cannot be on both sides. So he said that one person can have me, and the other person can have my strong army. duryodhan was given the first chance, he thought that a massive  army would be much stronger than just one krishna. so he chose the the army and not god. and arjun got thakurji on his side as his sarthi. this shows that thakorji is the most important thing and he has the capapbiltiy of a thousnad mans army. and this is why the pandavas win as they had thakorji on their side

hope that makes some sense

vicki

Go to Top of Page
prakash_kotecha

61 Posts
Posted - 07 June 2009 :  22:20:23

Jai SHri Krishna !!

I do understand that but as a king of his army, my materialistic mind thinks that it was his duty to save his army from getting destroyed. It is correct that he had to give something to Duryodhana but being the Lord, he could have come up with a different option rather than allowing his army to fight on behlaf of adharma

Hare Krishna !!

Regards
Prakash Go to Top of Page
sridevi
Entry Level Member

19 Posts
Posted - 09 June 2009 :  21:30:08

Jai Shri Krishna to all vaishnavs !

Jai shri krishna !!

Prakash bhai, you are right if u think in Lokkik (materialistic) But on another hand if his army would be on

Arjuna's side then also it was going to  be destroyed.And if good man or bad man once they r in hari's

sharan,our Hari is so KRUPALLU that no one will go empty handed from his dwwar regardless of their

being.According to their Karma any how Their life was going to end,but they were lucky b-coz they were

under the shelter of shri hari.

Now if u see in AALOKKIK DRISHTI then all his armys  got blessings of shri hari and that perticular (jeev

no udhaar thai gayo )soul ,they all went into hari's charan.

Hope this makes it clear

Jai Shri Krushna !!

Go to Top of Page
prakash_kotecha

61 Posts
Posted - 10 June 2009 :  01:39:51

Jai Shri Krishna,

Thanks for the beautiful explanation.

It shows that it is necessary to surrender unconditionally.

The same Lord who took the name Ranchod for saving his people did send his army to fight with adharma. How I wish that the Lord had liberated these souls in another fashion

Regards
sridevi
Entry Level Member

19 Posts
Posted - 11 June 2009 :  01:33:05

Jai shri krushna !!

Yes, it is very necessary to surrender our selves .

In every leela of shri hari's there is somekind of meanings,

in both Lokkik and AAlokkik.

Go to Top of Page
raju somaiya
Entry Level Member

22 Posts
Posted - 11 June 2009 :  12:24:29

Jai Shree Krishana Prakashji,

"Jiv ni gati tena Karma pramane hoi chhe." It is ever truth.

All the army's people were paid one, they e not honourary..no? that means they were not "NI:SADHAN" like GOPI JAN.

So, one should not douobt in lila of Shree Hari. He is the the supreme manager rather say arranger of this world. " NIJ ICHHA KARISHYATI " without his wish not a single leaf of tree can move....!

Rajubhai Somaiya - Rajkot. 

R.R. Somaiya.

Go to Top of Page
prakash_kotecha

61 Posts
Posted - 11 June 2009 :  12:31:14

Jai Shri Krishna

My question was not due to the doubt in the leelas of Hari but was an effort to understand the leela.

However, I would not agree with you when you say that the army of Lord Hari in Dwarka was a paid one and not swami bhakt.

The very fact that there wasnt a revolt when the Lord asked them to fight for Duryodhan shows their selfless devotion.

I guess that was lords way of giving them eternal peace.

Regards
unnati

224 Posts
Posted - 12 June 2009 :  10:17:54

Jai shri krishna

Prakashji, Shri Krishna played an interesting role in the war. Both Duryodhana and Arjuna went to meet Shri Krishna for his assistance in the war. Both reached his palace early morning and waited for Shri Krishna to wake up. Proudly, Duryodhana sat near his head while Arjuna sat humbly at his feet. When Shri Krishna woke up he first saw Arjuna and asked what he wanted. Thus the discussion started. Shri Krishna said that he himself would support one side and lend his army to the other. He also said that he would not handle any arms during the war. Duryodhana thought that Arjuna might grab the opportunity and ask for Krishna's assistance in the war so he said that he had come first and he wants to say his thing first. Duryodhana then opted for the army while Arjuna opted for Shri Krishna. Shri Krishna acted as Arjuna's charioteer during the war and saved him from death many times. He was intelligent and shrewd and it is this shrewdness which mainly made Pandavas win the war.

Plz correct me if i'm wrong.

Shri Vallabha Charan Vina Sharan Koni Jaou.....Shri Vitthala Nam Vina Mantra Kya Thi Paou......Shri Vallabha Charan Vina Sharan Koni Jaou.....

Unnati Kadakia

Go to Top of Page
prakash_kotecha

61 Posts
Posted - 12 June 2009 :  11:18:57

Jai Shri Krishna

You are absolutely correct in narrating the incident. But my question was why did the lord send his army to fight for adharma. And why he did not had a different way to help Duryodhan than getting his army get killed.

What I understand from this pass time is

1) We should be as obedient as the Lords army who fought for adharma just because the lord commanded them to do so. This shows their complete surrender to the Lord.

2) Like Arjun, we should not look for material benefits and try to be in Lords Mercy

Regards
Prakash

Go to Top of Page
unnati

224 Posts
Posted - 12 June 2009 :  12:10:24

Jai Shri krishna,

What u understood makes sense but at the same time that was the period when Adharma was at its peak. Lord Krishna advised the Pandava's to fight against injustice meted out to them. Dharma had to be upheld under all costs... there was no other solution than a fight to the finish between the Pandava and Kauravas. It was this period during which the doctrine of Bhagavad Gita came into existence. Thinking of the unnecessary bloodshed that would be caused and unwitting to fight his cousins, relatives and friends... Arjuna almost raised his hands up in despair.

Lord Krishna who was a witness to everything gave the doctrine of Bhagavad Gita to Arjuna. The Kurukshetra war is about to begin and Arjuna stands to fight and kill his teachers, family and friends. He feels saddened by the thought of war against his loved ones and loses will to fight. That's when Shri Krishna, Arjuna's charioteer recites the Bhagwat Gita to him, explaining to him the concept of God, Aatma (the soul) and matirialism.

* Lord Krishna says to a distressed Arjuna: Why do you worry unnecessarily oh great warrior? What are you scared of? Who can kill or destroy you? A soul is never born, so it never dies. Your soul can neither be created nor destroyed and there's nothing more temporary than your body.

* Whatever happened in the past, happened for the best; whatever is happening, is happening for the best; whatever will happen in future, will happen for the best. Do not repent the past, do not worry for future, concentrate on your present.

* What or who did you own, that makes you shed tears? What did you bring with you, that you fear losing? What did you give birth to, that you fear destruction of? You didn't bring anything. Whatever one takes, one must return to God. Everyone came empty handed and will therefore die, empty handed.

* Whatever belongs to you today, belonged to someone else yesterday and it will belong to some one else tomorrow. Don't be illusioned by maya (the material substance). Maya is the root cause of all pain and misery.

* Change is the rule of nature. What one understands to be death is actually life itself. One moment you are the owner of millions and in the very next moment you become a pauper.

* Your body doesn't belong to you and neither do you belong to this body. Body is composed of five elements- Fire, Water, Air, Earth and Sky; one day it will dissolve in these elements.

* Offer yourself to the Almighty Lord. One who offers him/herself unconditionally to me, gains freedom from fear, worry and despair.

Lord Krishna took his time but was Successful as Arjuna finally agreed to fight wid his relatives and friends for the cause of humanity and upholding the Dharma.

In the battle of Kurukshetra that followed... it was a fight to the finish and Dharma was finally upheld. It was a complete root for Adharma. Not only the Kaurava lost their lives but the bloodshed in the camp of the Pandavas was almost equal.

Plz feel free to correct at any point.

Shri Vallabha Charan Vina Sharan Koni Jaou.....Shri Vitthala Nam Vina Mantra Kya Thi Paou......Shri Vallabha Charan Vina Sharan Koni Jaou.....

Unnati Kadakia

Go to Top of Page
Topic is 2 Pages Long:
       1  |  2      Previous Page | Next Page | Reload

Jump To:

Set as your default homepage Add favorite Privacy Report A Problem/Issue   © 2014 Pushtikul Satsang Mandal All Rights Reserved. Pushtikul.com Contact Us Go To Top Of Page

loaded in 0.813s