Printer Friendly Version  
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
karanpandya
Entry Level Member

11 Posts
Posted - 06 October 2008 :  19:31:40

JSK. 

Please can someone help me. 

I would like to know whether we should put haars (garlands) on photos of members of our family who have passed away.  I have seen most people do this but is it in accordance with the principles of pushtimarg as I have heard it is not but some still do it and I am confused.  As my elders (who have passed) were Vaishnavs I need to find out. 

Thank you . 

raju somaiya
Entry Level Member

22 Posts
Posted - 20 October 2008 :  16:32:00

Jai Shree Krishana, Karanji.

As per my little knowledge, I will try to solve your confusion.

In our pushtimarg our hands lift up to put on garland only to our GURU and THAKURJI. It is grand respect to our beloved suprems.

In this regards I remember an incident, in past in Jamnagar the ruler was Jamsaheb, his right hand chair person was a marjadi vaishnav of Salaya named Jamnadas Karabhai Bathia. A zealous mantri was also there in parliament of jamsaheb of jamnagar. He was knowing about  marjadi vaishnav that he never put on garland except his GURU and THAKURJi. Once upon a time at the time of celebration of a ceremony, that mantri told well in advance to Jamsaheb about the matter. When celebration proceed on the mantri announced in mike the name of that vaishnav who will put on garland to jamsaheb. The vaishnav kept a assistant with him and asked to put on the same. On the contarary , Jamsaheh asked him , why did't you? The Vaishnav told humbly to Jamsaheb that my religion do not allow me to do so.

At that time, the jamsaheb has respected him and announced in celebration that it is proud of me and my region that such a vaishnav is residing in my region and promotion granted to him.

I hope from this matter, you will be clear in the matter.

Raju Somaiya - Rajkot  

R.R. Somaiya.

Go to Top of Page
govindshah2

154 Posts
Posted - 21 October 2008 :  14:53:49

Haar -- garland. Means just a garland might be of flowers, tied with rope, or artificial flowers in synthetic rope.

If u are asking for malaji- which we offer to shrithakurji-shrigurucharan? then strictly NOOOOOOOOOO. No to any vaishnava, may be dead and not even to their photographs.

As per many society's tradition, a garland of SUKHAD, can be garlanded to photograph of a dead person.

Go to Top of Page
karanpandya
Entry Level Member

11 Posts
Posted - 03 November 2008 :  02:08:02

Jsk

Thank you for your replies Raju ji and Govind ji , you have helped me a lot with my confusion.

JSK

Go to Top of Page
Jump To:

Set as your default homepage Add favorite Privacy Report A Problem/Issue   © 2014 Pushtikul Satsang Mandal All Rights Reserved. Pushtikul.com Contact Us Go To Top Of Page

loaded in 0.547s