Printer Friendly Version  
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Vasant Punjabi
Vice-President & Pushtikul Elite Member - May 2003

1047 Posts
Posted - 13 March 2005 :  06:06:06
Jai Shri KRishna,

Story of Raja Pruthu -------------------------

The surface of the earth is by nature low in some places and high in others. But this was levelled by King Pruthu of Satya Yuga (Ref: SB) At the time King Pruthu was enthroned by the great sages and brAhmaNas and declared to be the protector of the citizens, there was a scarcity of food grains.

The citizens actually became skinny due to starvation. Therefore they came before the King and informed him of their real situation. After hearing this lamentation and seeing the pitiable condition of the citizens, King Pruthu contemplated this matter for a long time to see if he could find out the underlying causes.

Having arrived at a conclusion, the King took up his bow and arrow and aimed them at the earth, exactly like Lord Śiva, who destroys the whole world out of anger.

When the earth saw that King Pruthu was taking his bow and arrow to kill her, she became very much afraid and began to tremble. She then began to flee, exactly like a deer, which runs very swiftly when followed by a hunter.

Being afraid of King Pruthu, she took the shape of a cow and began to run. Seeing this, MahArAja Pruthu became very angry, and his eyes became as red as the early-morning sun. Placing an arrow on his bow, he chased the cow-shaped earth wherever she would run. The cow-shaped earth ran here and there in outer space between the heavenly planets and the earth, and wherever she ran, the King chased her with his bow and arrows. Just as a man cannot escape the cruel hands of death, the cow-shaped earth could not escape from the hands of Pruthu.

At length the earth, fearful, her heart aggrieved, turned back in helplessness.

Addressing the great, opulent King Pruthu as the knower of religious principles and shelter of the surrendered, she said: "Please save me. You are the protector of all living entities. Now you are situated as the King of this planet." The cow-shaped earth continued to appeal to the King: I am very poor and have not committed any sinful activities. I do not know why you want to kill me.

Since you are supposed to be the knower of all religious principles, why are you so envious of me, and why are you so anxious to kill a woman? Even if a woman does commit some sinful activity, no one should place his hand upon her. And what to speak of you, dear King, who are so merciful. You are a protector, and you are affectionate to the poor. The cow-shaped earth continued: My dear King, I am just like a strong boat, and all the paraphernalia of the world is standing upon me. If you break me to pieces, how can you protect yourself and your subjects from drowning?

(To be Continued).

Vasant

gokaldas
Entry Level Member

40 Posts
Posted - 13 March 2005 :  16:59:27
Jai Jai Shri Gokulesh, The story of Pruthu Raja will be continued Edited by - Vasant Punjabi on March 14 2005 05:46:44

gmpunjabi Go to Top of Page
Vasant Punjabi

1047 Posts
Posted - 16 March 2005 :  04:16:03
Jai Shri Krishna, Continued. King Pruthu replied to the earthly Planet: "My dear earth, you have disobeyed my orders and rulings. In the form of a demigod you accepted your share of the yajñas we performed, but in return you have not produced sufficient food grains. For this reason I must kill you. Although you are eating green grass every day, you are not filling your milk bag so we can utilize your milk. Since you are willfully committing offenses, it cannot be said that you are not punishable due to your assuming the form of a cow. You have so lost your intelligence that, despite my orders, you do not deliver the seeds of herbs and grains formerly created by Brahma and now hidden within yourself. Now, with the help of my arrows, I shall cut you to pieces and with your flesh satisfy the hunger-stricken citizens, who are now crying for want of grains. Thus I shall satisfy the crying citizens of my kingdom. Any cruel person — be he a man, woman or impotent eunuch — who is only interested in his personal maintenance and has no compassion for other living entities may be killed by the king. Such killing can never be considered actual killing. You are very much puffed up with pride and have become almost insane. Presently you have assumed the form of a cow by your mystic powers. Nonetheless I shall cut you into small pieces like grain, and I will uphold the entire population by my personal mystic powers." At this time Pruthu MahAraja became exactly like Yamaraja, and his whole body appeared very angry. In other words, he was anger personified. After hearing him, the planet earth began to tremble. She surrendered, and with folded hands began to speak as follows. The planet earth spoke: "My dear Lord, O Supreme Personality of Godhead, You are transcendental in Your position, and by Your material energy You have expanded Yourself in various forms and species of life through the interaction of the three modes of material nature. Unlike some other masters, You always remain in Your transcendental position and are not affected by the material creation, which is subject to different material interactions. Consequently You are not bewildered by material activities." The planet earth continued: "My dear Lord, You are the complete conductor of the material creation. You have created this cosmic manifestation and the three material qualities, and therefore You have created me, the planet earth, the resting place of all living entities. Yet You are always fully independent, my Lord. Now that You are present before me and ready to kill me with Your weapons, let me know where I should go to take shelter, and tell me who can give me protection". At that time, after the planet earth finished her prayers, King Pruthu was still not pacified, and his lips trembled in great anger. Although the planet earth was frightened, she made up her mind and began to speak as follows in order to convince the King. She spoke "My dear Lord, please pacify your anger completely and hear patiently whatever I submit before you. Please turn your kind attention to this. I may be very poor, but a learned man takes the essence of knowledge from all places, just as a bumblebee collects honey from each and every flower. To benefit all human society, not only in this life but in the next, the great seers and sages have prescribed various methods conducive to the prosperity of the people in general. One who follows the principles and instructions enjoined by the great sages of the past can utilize these instructions for practical purposes. Such a person can very easily enjoy life and pleasures." She then continued "My dear King, the seeds, roots, herbs and grains, which were created by Lord Brahma in the past, are now being used by nondevotees, who are devoid of all spiritual understanding. My dear King, not only are grains and herbs being used by nondevotees, but, as far as I am concerned, I am not being properly maintained. Indeed, I am being neglected by kings who are not punishing these rascals who have turned into thieves by using grains for sense gratification. Consequently I have hidden all these seeds, which were meant for the performance of sacrifice. Due to being stocked for a very long time, all the grain seeds within me have certainly deteriorated. Therefore you should immediately arrange to take these seeds out by the standard process, which is recommended by the Achariyas or shastras. O great hero, protector of living entities, if you desire to relieve the living entities by supplying them sufficient grain, and if you desire to nourish them by taking milk from me, you should make arrangements to bring a calf suitable for this purpose and a pot in which the milk can be kept, as well as a milkman to do the work. Since I will be very much affectionate towards my calf, your desire to take milk from me will be fulfilled." (To be Continued).

Vasant Go to Top of Page
Vasant Punjabi

1047 Posts
Posted - 23 March 2005 :  05:50:32
Jai Shri KRishna, Story continued. The mother earth continued: "My dear King, may I inform you that you have to make the entire surface of the globe level. This will help me, even when the rainy season has ceased. Rainfall comes by the mercy of King Indra. Rainfall will remain on the surface of the globe, always keeping the earth moistened, and thus it will be auspicious for all kinds of production. " After hearing the auspicious and pleasing words of the planet earth, the King accepted them. He then transformed SvAyambhuva Manu into a calf and milked all the herbs and grains from the earth in the form of a cow, keeping them in his cupped hands. Others, who were as intelligent as King Pruthu, also took the essence out of the earthly planet. Indeed, everyone took this opportunity to follow in the footsteps of King Pruthu and get whatever he desired from the planet earth. All the great sages transformed Bruhaspati into a calf, and making the senses into a pot, they milked all kinds of Vedic knowledge to purify words, mind and hearing. All the demigods made Indra, the King of heaven, into a calf, and from the earth they milked the beverage soma, which is nectar. Thus they became very powerful in mental speculation and bodily and sensual strength. The sons of Diti and the demons transformed PrahlAda MahArAja, who was born in an asura family, into a calf, and they extracted various kinds of liquor and beer, which they put into a pot made of iron. The inhabitants of Gandharvaloka and Apsaroloka made VivAvasu into a calf, and they drew the milk into a lotus flower pot. The milk took the shape of sweet musical art and beauty. The fortunate inhabitants of Pitrloka, who preside over the funeral ceremonies, made AryamA into a calf. With great faith they milked kavya, food offered to the ancestors, into an unbaked earthen pot. After this, the inhabitants of Siddhaloka, as well as the inhabitants of VidyAdhara-loka, transformed the great sage Kapila into a calf, and making the whole sky into a pot, they milked out specific yogic mystic powers, beginning with aNimA. Indeed, the inhabitants of VidyAdhara-loka acquired the art of flying in the sky. Others also, the inhabitants of planets known as Kimpurusha-loka, made the demon Maya into a calf, and they milked out mystic powers by which one can disappear immediately from another's vision and appear again in a different form. Then the Yakshas, RAkshasas, ghosts and witches, who are habituated to eating flesh, transformed Lord Śiva's incarnation Rudra [BhUtanAtha] into a calf and milked out beverages made of blood and put them in a pot made of skulls. Thereafter cobras and snakes without hoods, large snakes, scorpions and many other poisonous animals took poison out of the planet earth as their milk and kept this poison in snake holes. They made a calf out of Takshaka. The four-legged animals like the cows made a calf out of the bull who carries Lord Shiva and made a milking pot out of the forest. Thus they got fresh green grasses to eat. Ferocious animals like tigers transformed a lion into a calf, and thus they were able to get flesh for milk. The birds made a calf out of GaruDa and took milk from the planet earth in the form of moving insects and nonmoving plants and grasses. The trees made a calf out of the banyan tree, and thus they derived milk in the form of many delicious juices. The mountains transformed the Himalayas into a calf, and they milked a variety of minerals into a pot made of the peaks of hills.

Vasant Go to Top of Page
Vasant Punjabi

1047 Posts
Posted - 23 March 2005 :  05:51:32
Jai Shri Krishna, There will be more conitnuation till completed.

Vasant Go to Top of Page
Vasant Punjabi

1047 Posts
Posted - 25 March 2005 :  05:43:53
Jai Shri Krishna, Continued -------------- In this way King Pruthu and all the others who subsist on food created different types of calves and milked out their respective eatables. Thus they received their various foodstuffs, which were symbolized as milk. Thereafter King Pruthu was very satisfied with the planet earth, for she sufficiently supplied all food to various living entities. Thus he developed an affection for the planet earth, just as if she were his own daughter. After this, the king of all kings, MahArAja Prthu, leveled all rough places on the surface of the globe by breaking up the hills with the strength of his bow. By his grace the surface of the globe almost became flat. The planet earth supplied everyone his respective food. During the time of King Pruthu, the earth was fully under the control of the King. Thus all the inhabitants of the earth could get their food supply by creating various types of calves and putting their particular types of milk in various pots. This is evidence that the Lord supplies food to everyone. As confirmed in the Vedas: eko bahUnAm yo vidadhAti kAmAn. Although the Lord is one, He is supplying all necessities to everyone through the medium of the planet earth. There are different varieties of living entities on different planets, and they all derive their eatables from their planets in different forms. On the basis of these descriptions, how can one assume that there is no living entity on the moon? Every moon is earthly, being composed of the five elements. Every planet produces different types of food according to the needs of its residents. According to the Vedic shAstras, it is not true that the moon does not produce food or that no living entity is living there.

Vasant Go to Top of Page
Jump To:

Set as your default homepage Add favorite Privacy Report A Problem/Issue   © 2014 Pushtikul Satsang Mandal All Rights Reserved. Pushtikul.com Contact Us Go To Top Of Page

loaded in 0.656s