Printer Friendly Version
Pages:
       1  |  2      Previous Page | Next Page | Reload
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
natkhat
Entry Level Member

12 Posts
Posted - 25 March 2005 :  15:07:57
Can someone clarify something. What defines a Haveli? Is a Haveli only a Haveli if a member of the Vallabhkul is over seeing it/responsible for it? Edited by - natkhat on March 25 2005 15:11:59

Go to Top of Page
shreekant22
PRO - Pushtikul.com / P.E.M. January 2004

1853 Posts
Posted - 25 March 2005 :  17:52:29
Shree Vallabhs dheesh ki jai. If one were to look at actual meaning of Haveli... then I think there are Palatial structures belonging to teh affluent class, The are just a step below the Palaces. And if looked at in this sense, No. Haveli is not a Haveli only if a member of the Vallabhkul is over seeing it/responsible for it. However, In the present day, the term Haveli has become a synonym to Mandir. Vaishnavs today use the term more with this bhaav only. My sincere apologies in case of any misunderstanding from my end.

Shree Vallabha dheesh ki jai Go to Top of Page
gopal
Pushtikul Elite Member - August 2003

1221 Posts
Posted - 28 March 2005 :  09:58:48
Jai Jai ShriGokulesh, U r right shreekantbhai, haveli is the residential place for the Vallabhkul Balaks, and not the part of Dev-sthaan in alone. i.e. we call in broader terms as mandir. Haveli means the collective residence for Vallabhkul Balak where aapshri resides and aapshri's shrithakurji (nidhi-swaroop) is for aapshri's own.

Jai Jai ShriGokulesh Parivaar, Baroda

Go to Top of Page
shreekant22
PRO - Pushtikul.com / P.E.M. January 2004

1853 Posts
Posted - 28 March 2005 :  13:33:50
Jai Shree Krishna Gopal bhai, in my above psot I have nowhere said 'haveli is the residential place for the Vallabhkul Balaks'. Havelis are palatial residences of the affluent class. Even today in rajasthan, Palatial houses are refered to as Havelis. Also if one where to carefully observe this term came into Pushitsahitya, only after movement of Shreeji bawa from Gopalpur (Jatipura) to Sinhaad. For, Shree Gusainjis palatial home in Mathura was/is not refered to as Haveli, but is called SATGHARA. It is incorrect to say Haveli means the Collective residence of Vallabhkul balak, on the contarary We Vaishnavs out of respect, refer to Vallabhkul Gobalaks homes as Havelis.

Shree Vallabha dheesh ki jai Go to Top of Page
gopal

1221 Posts
Posted - 09 April 2005 :  10:44:46
Jai Jai ShriGokulesh, Satghara is the residential place and was not been identified as the dev-sthaan, but only the residencial place of Satpaacharayas. So there is a vast difference between dev-sthaan haveli's and the gurudwar havelis. Moreover ShriChaturthkumar Shrimad Gokulnathji Maharajshri gives aagya explaining this tika "Swamargiyabhagwad Bhajanam Tu Arhesthityabhyave Na Sambhavatiti Purvam Gruhstithimevashu "Gruhe Sthityaveti" Bhagwat Bhajan Ananukule Gruhe Sthitva Swadharmava Krushnam Bhajet ..." Means ::----->Swamargiya Bhagwat bhajan is not possible without staying in own house. First to stay in house so said Stay at home. To make our house anukul for Shrikrishna's bhajan......

Go to Top of Page
gopal

1221 Posts
Posted - 20 April 2005 :  10:18:13
Jai Jai ShriGokulesh,
quote:
Can someone clarify something. What defines a Haveli? Is a Haveli only a Haveli if a member of the Vallabhkul is over seeing it/responsible for it?
Haveli--defines the residential place. And not purely a dev-sthaan mandir-temple. If a vallabhkul balak resides in the haveli, then it becomes the gurudwar, and not the dev-dwar. But today's scenario has changed only of haveli's with dev-sthaan. Today there r many temples of so called pushtimarg, which had no satta of vallabhkul balaks, only is a purely the dev-mandir. So can we consider this as a pushtimargiya place?

Go to Top of Page
goswami manmathrai
P.P.Goswami (Shri Vallabhkul)

34 Posts
Posted - 19 July 2005 :  01:15:31
I agree with all of u especially GOPAL BHAI (Jai Jai Shri GOKULESH Parivaar)... HAVELI is a residential place which should be seen as GURUDWAAR...even if he's not residing there permenantly! the Sewya SWAROOP is there to show how's the system of SEWA in our PUSHTIMARG...as Shri GOPINATHji (elder son of Shri MAHAPRABHUji) has quoted..."SWIYAAN BHAKTAAN PRADARSHAYET"... Means : show the Devotees that how should they perform SEWA at their Homes...or there in HAVELI itself!

Go to Top of Page
gopal

1221 Posts
Posted - 21 August 2006 :  10:53:06

Jai Jai shriGokulesh

Sweeyan -- Tose who r our Swakiyas -- own-- related to our hearts may be relatives or not..

Bhaktan -- SHould be a devottee -- only devottee

Pradarshayet -- To allow to do darshan

Now if our relatives ( swakiya-sweeyan) are not bhakts, then ?????

Go to Top of Page
shyamdasji
Entry Level Member

44 Posts
Posted - 21 August 2006 :  17:25:05
jai shree krishna vallabha dhish ki jai in our marg gruha seva is of most importance, we vaishnavs our nikunj jeevs which our on this bhutal due to some or the other apradh, thus to unite us back with hari and free us from all dosas shri hari incarnated as shri vallabh. Now there is a question is gruha seva is important or haveli seva shree vallabh has always given agya from gruha seva only , todays world vaishnavs dont understand true meaning of haveli seva. sorry to say as i saw above people r still confused, haveli means where shreeji ,yashodajis lal resides , as during nandraijis time thakorji used to live in haveli , to re-establish that leela shri vallabh gave the name haveli, so it doesnt matter if shree vallabhkul resides there or no, still shreejis is there ,therefore it is called haveli. seva done at haveli is with nandalaya bhavana that is yashodajis home, where thakorji is exclusively yashodajis ,gopis were only allowed to do jhakhi and do small seva , so we jeevs go to haveli as gopis (jeevs) went to nandbhavan for darshan of yashodajis lal we our nikunj jeevs so seva at our place is done by nikunj bhav . shreejis resided in particular bhakts home to fulfill a particular bhakts manorath only, then there is no interuption of anybody else ,it is only u and him this was there during shreejis time also when thakorjis use to do vihaar in particular sakhis kunj, only she solely did all the seva by her, that is the reason we have asta sakhi kunj manorath coming back to the point, we see from shree vallabhs time and in 84,252 vaarta, after a vaishnav got initiated by shree vallabh vaishnav use to ask after samarpan, "jeje ab kya agya hai" then shree vallabh use to say"gruh seva karo" never did he say go to gopalpur for shree goverdhannathjis seva, he exclusively emphazised on gruha seva only, and in certain circumstances if vaishnav could not do gruha seva and there was no place for him to go then only shree vallabh use to suggest him some seva in shreejis haveli on sevaks whole and sole request only still seven piths are are called saat gar and not saat haveli or mandir, gusainji had given his seven sons 7 swaroops and told them strictly to do gruha seva, or otherwise he could have given them different seva of shreenathji only shree vithal himself also use to do seva of shree navnitlalji at his residence in gokul and after that he use to go to gopalpur for shreenathjis seva when all the seven sons use to reside ,together they did seva of their own swaroops though all the swaroops resided on the same sihasaan but each balak did their own swaroops seva and shringaar, so there is always gruha seva first, now there arises a question so that means we should not go to haveli for seva, in todays world this is a big question i would personally say not on the cost of our gruha seva in old times also shree gopikas enjoyed their manoraths in owns kunj but again next day they use to go to nandalaya for thakorjis darshan, i will narrate u a incident from 84 vaarta everyday shreenathji use to come to play with kumbhandasji in the fields , after that when darshans are open shreeji use to return to his nij bhavan , now kumbhandaji use to come to the temple for darshan after shreeji left one day shree vallabh asked him kumbhandaji y do u come for darshan in the temple when lord himself come to play with u in the fields, then kumbhandasji said said jeje thakorji comes to play with me that his own wish but here in the temple he resisded on ur behalf, kaani so as to show u respect i come here for his darshan. so according to me haveli seva done with the bhaav of nandalaya is also ok but , strictly not on the cost of our gruha seva because for jeev nandalaya seva and nikunj seva both r inportant .it is ok if we cant do haveli seva but gruha seva should be done and it should not be otherway round, now in case of surdaji it is differnt surdasji use to go first to haveli for mangala to do kirtan and after returning from there he uses to do his gruha seva but in his case he was doing agya palan of shree vallabh to do kirtan seva,so to him it was not bathak, so we should give first preference to our gruha seva. there are some people who r against haveli seva is that people who do that r leaving their gruha seva and gruhasth karya and running to haveli, avoiding responsiblities that is very very wrong, this way this gives rise to klesh in their family and is not good, so after fullfilling owns responsibilitis one should do that, and moreover thakoor residind at our place is not different from any other vaishnavs place or haveli,is the bhaavana what makes it different is the individual vaishnavs bhaav in him so bhaav se thakorji alag hote hai thakoor to ek hi hai like i do seva with balbhaav while u do seva with kishore bhaav though both r doing seva of madanmohanji as an example i consider as my ntkhat son and u consider him as ur natkhat swami this the difference ,we also go to haveli to learn the seva prakaar also ,like how different mnoraths r done ,looking at which we to our who limit do for our thakorjis,haveli is a centre of learning seva prakaar,ya people say listening from somebody is also ok,but practically seen counts more then hearing, during dol why mukhiyaji sprinkles colours on shreenathjis jhama in front of us,he could have done it prior and opened the darshan,but know he teaches us how thakorji is made to play and how khel is done,this is for our education, i hope i said too much for any mistakes i ask for shama from vaishnavs and in lotus feet of shree vallabh jai shree krishna jai shree giriraj dharan ki jai Edited by - shyamdasji on 21 August 2006 17:57:08

shyam vajani Go to Top of Page
shyamdasji
Entry Level Member

44 Posts
Posted - 21 August 2006 :  17:25:06
vallabh dhis ki jai Edited by - shyamdasji on 21 August 2006 17:59:12

shyam vajani Go to Top of Page
Topic is 2 Pages Long:
       1  |  2      Previous Page | Next Page | Reload

Jump To:

Set as your default homepage Add favorite Privacy Report A Problem/Issue   © 2014 Pushtikul Satsang Mandal All Rights Reserved. Pushtikul.com Contact Us Go To Top Of Page

loaded in 0.766s