Disscuss it all.
 Domestic Pets
  Printer Friendly Version  
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
ami
Entry Level Member

30 Posts
Posted - 11 February 2003 :  15:32:06
Jaishreekrishna to all Vaishnav's. Many Bhagwadi Vaishnav's say that when we have domestic pets like Dog Cat or any other animal in our house we are re-born in that "yoni" or we take birth again as that animal. I want to know if this is a fact. Do we really take birth as a Dog or Cat by having that animal in our House. Can we (Vaishnav's)keep pet in our house? Are vaishnav's allowed to keep pets in their houses?Are'nt pets a hindrance in "seva"?

Ami

Ami

jatin
Pushtikul Ethics Director / P.E.M. June 2003

424 Posts
Posted - 11 February 2003 :  15:44:38
Dear Ami, As per knowledge i don't think so that by keeping pets at we are doing aparadh but we have to see to it that pets cannot enter into the seva ghar(room). And it doesnot mean that if we are keeping a pets at home than in next janam we will be born in that yoni your next janam is depends only on the karma of this janam. Jai Shree Krishna Jatin Malkan

Shree Dwarikadhiski Jai
Shree Sri Lalji Pyare Ki Jai
Jatin Malkan

Go to Top of Page
n/a
deleted

117 Posts
Posted - 11 February 2003 :  19:07:59
Jai Shree Krushna ! I would like to quote two occasions from scriptures : 1. While Shree Mahaprabhuji was on a Pruthvi Parikrama passing through a forest, He saw a baby deer running in fear and coming to His lotus feet for shelter. Soon after a hunter also reached there, but having seen Shree Mahaprabhuji, his cruelty diminished and told his story of having been a prince, but due to bad association became a hunter. Then Shree Mahaprabhuji took him also in shelter and ordered him to give up hunting and go back to his kingdom and also to take with him that baby deer, put it in a golden cage with proper treatment and rule the kingdom religiously, which he did. 2. The famous story of king Bharat staying in a forest with a baby deer (again !). When he was to leave his body, he became worried about who would take care of that baby deer. So he had to take birth as a deer in the next life, although he had accomplished all other requirements to get liberated. From these, we can learn that we should not harras animals, neither being too much affectionate to it. Please do not conclude that Shree Mahaprabhuji wants us to have pets - the above one was a particular case. Particularly, I feel having pets like dogs, cats in our home makes it more of a disturbing environment than may help. I have also heard of birds like parrot chanting "Shree Krushnah Sharanam Mam" which is very inspiring. Similarly peacocks, cows may also give divine atmosphere at home. But again depending on time and place, one has to adjust. Jai Shree Krushna ! Dharmendra

Go to Top of Page
chiragdoshi
News Reporter

118 Posts
Posted - 11 February 2003 :  19:13:13
Jai Shree Krishna, according to the little knowledge, we can keep the pets in the house & by doing this we are helping the pets, but we have to see that the pets which are at our house don't entre the seva ghar (the room where our thakorji is there). By keeping the pets we are doing one kind of seva. It all depends on our karma of this Janam that in which yoni we will be getting the birth. So we should be very careful & should see that what ever Karma we are doing, in no ways should hurt anybody. Chirag

Vaishnav
(Chirag Doshi)

Go to Top of Page
yogini

142 Posts
Posted - 11 February 2003 :  23:21:58
Jai Shree Krsna, I agree with Dharmendra n chirag but not with Jatin as in the Bhagvat we shud not keep any pet at home as we are taking away the liberty of that pet, we shud not even cage birds as pets at home.And as for rebirth as that yoni is concerned its our karmas which will decide our next birth. yogini Yogini

Yogini Go to Top of Page
admin
President - Pushtikul.com

422 Posts
Posted - 13 February 2003 :  01:25:09
Jai Shri Krishna. I talked about your query to Grandpa and he laughed saying that re-birth of a person depends upon the Karma that one does. But he did mention an interesting fact that if a person at the time of dieng has his mind into his pet (say... a dog), then he will take re-birth as a dog. But this only happens when his asakti is in that animal at his last time. He also said that keeping dog in house is not good as we are tieing him up and taking away his freedom which is not good and it gives pain to the Animal and as a Vaishnav we must not do that. Jai Shri Krishna, Anand Majethia (President)

Shri Vallabhadhish ki Jai !!

Anand A. Majethia

President

Go to Top of Page
Jump To:

Set as your default homepage Add favorite Privacy Report A Problem/Issue   © 2014 Pushtikul Satsang Mandal All Rights Reserved. Pushtikul.com Contact Us Go To Top Of Page

loaded in 1.188s