Pushtikul Elite Member - August 2003|
|Posted - 10 December 2004 : 10:07:48
Jai Jai ShriGokulesh,
Namo Bhagwate Tasmai Krishnadbhoot karmane |
Roop Naam Vibheden Jagat Kridati Yo Yetaha ||
At the outset, we would like to elaborate upon this new activity we are starting.
In our tradition, the author used to define 4 things known as Anubandhachatushtaya at the start of his book : Adhikari (qualification of reader), Vishaya (topic), Sambandh (how the book deals with the topic) and Prayojana (purpose of writing the book). E.g. Mahaprabhu ShriVallabhacharyaji at the start of Tattvarthadipanibandha states that
(1) it is meant for pious devotees,
(2) it includes meaning of the scriptures, decisions on all issues and contents of ShriBhagawatapurana,
(3) it shall elaborate the above three and
(4) it is an effort to impart this knowledge in absence of which the devotees are avoiding Krishnaseva.
Likewise, we would like to state the following as regards with this ezine–
1. It is for the Internet explorers who are sincere explorers and followers of the Pushtisampradaya as well; having primary knowledge of both, technology and Sampradaya and eager to understand and follow the Sampradaya further.
2. The topics covered here shall keep on varying but shall essentially deal with some or the other aspect of our sect and our day-to-day life.
3. The approach of this magazine shall be thought-provoking while elaborating on the above topics.
4. The magazine shall try to bridge the gap between our heritage in the form of scriptures and our current understanding level as well as language.
But it has its own limitations, it cannot be an Encyclopedia. Rather the readers are expected to be self-reliant instead of parasites in deriving conclusions from our tenets. That is all for now.
Jai Jai ShriGokulesh Parivaar, Baroda